Date: January 14, 2020
Program: MI Sales Tax Express 2019
Subject: Update Version 19.4
Dear TaxTime USA, Inc. Customer,
- This update fixes the Payment Voucher that prints from the Annual Return. Previously the year was incorrectly printing as 2018; this update now correctly prints the year as 2019.
- This update also fixes an error message that may have come up when accessing the Form 447 via the Reports Menu for the W-2/1099 Transmittal form.
- This update also includes Update 19.3
- Update 19.3 updates the W-2/1099 Transmittal Form 447 that can be used to send W-2 and/or 1099’s to the State via CD. As a reminder, the State does not allow W-2’s or 1099’s to be attached electronically to e-filed Annual Returns via our software. Paper filed Annual Returns also cannot include W-2’s or 1099’s; they must separately be sent to the State with a cover sheet indicating which Company(s) are attached. Our software does include a cover sheet and can be found by selecting: Reports and then Paper W-2/1099 Report. A screen then opens up allowing you to select which Company(s) are to be included. You must enter a number of W-2/1099’s on Line 17 for the Company to be included in the report.
- Our 2019 software now automatically checks for any updates when going into the program and if it finds any it will ask whether or not the update should be loaded. If you disabled auto update (this feature can be found in Setup/Configuration and then clicking on the General Tab; near the top right of the screen there is a check box: Always check for updates when going into program) then download the update following instructions below. If you allowed for Auto Update you can check to make sure you are now using Version 19.3 by clicking on Help and then About.
Update Installation Instructions:
If you are in 2019 MI Sales Tax Express Please Exit
After clicking the below link, a File Download window will open.
Click Open or Run. If a Security Warning message opens, Click Run. *Please Note*: some browsers require you to save the file rather than run it. If your file was saved you will have to run it from wherever your downloads save to.
An Installation Folder window will open.
You will need to accept our License Agreement to continue the download. Click Next after you have done that.
Change installation drive and folder to match where you originally installed the software
The window will then show you were the update is being installed to. Click Next to continue.
A message: Installation Successful will open when update is completed.
Click on Finish.
You may re-enter the software. Click Help from the main menu bar and then click: About. The software should now say Ver 19.4
Program Update Link: Click here to download & update ST19_UPD_19_4.EXE