Date: October 8, 2020
Program: 2020 941/MI Unemployment Express
Subject: Update 16.7
Dear TaxTime USA, Inc. Customer,
- This update fixes problems with the printing of PTIN and other fields on page 3 in the Paid Preparer section of form 941 for the third quarter.
- This update also includes Update 16.6 makes small changes to Form 941 for the 3rd and 4th quarter 2020 based on form revisions issued by the IRS related to coronavirus related tax relief that allow for the deferral of certain employer and employee social security taxes. These changes include line 13b now requesting the total deferred payment of social security taxes, line 24 now requesting the employee share of social security taxes included on line 13b and line 25 is now not used. Other changes are simple form changes. For more information we are including a link to the new Form 941 instructions: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i941.pdf
- NOTE: while this update includes all appropriate form changes we are waiting on a response from the IRS e-filing division to see if any e-filing changes need to be made. We therefore recommend waiting on e-filing any 3rd quarter Form 941 until you receive our next e-mail which will include an e-file update or indication that no further update is needed to e-file.
- Our 2020 software automatically checks for any updates when going into the program and if it finds any it will ask whether or not the update should be loaded. If you disabled auto update (this feature can be found in Setup/Configuration and then clicking on the General Tab; near the top right of the screen there is a check box: Always check for updates when going into program) then download the update following instructions below. If you allowed for Auto Update you can check to make sure you are now using Version 16.7 by clicking on Help and then About.
- This Update contains all prior updates
To Install Update:
If you are in 2020 941/MI Unemployment Express - Please Exit.
After clicking the below link, a File Download window will open.
Click Open or Run. If a Security Warning message opens, Click Run. *Please Note*: some browsers require you to save the file rather than run it. If your file was saved you will have to run it from wherever your downloads save to.
An Installation Folder window will open.
You will need to accept our License Agreement to continue the download. Click Next after you have done that.
Change installation drive and folder to match where you originally installed the software
The window will then show you were the update is being installed to. Click Next to continue.
A message: Installation Successful will open when update is completed.
Click on Finish.
You may re-enter the software. Click Help from the main menu bar and then in click About. The software should now say Ver. 16.7 for 941/MI Unemployment Express.
Click here to download & update UE20UPD_16_7.EXE