Date: July 22, 2021
Program: 2021 941/MI Unemployment Express
Subject: Update 17.8
Dear TaxTime USA, Inc. Customer,
- This update now allows for an Override for the 2nd quarter only on Worksheet 3, line 2n. Per IRS instructions, for the second quarter only, the credit for qualified sick and family leave wages is reduced by the amount of the credit allowed under section 2301 of the CARES Act (for the employee retention credit, from Worksheet 2, line 2d) or under section 41 (for the credit for increasing research activities) with respect to any wages taken into account for the credit for qualified sick and family leave wages. There are additional instructions for calculating the sick and family leave credit and we suggest that you read Form 941 instructions for additional information. Since the instructions are complicated we decided to allow for an Override on line 2n.
- As a reminder, to calculate the Retention credit and sick/family leave credit you must first input the qualified amounts on the applicable lines on the 941 input screen (lines 19 – 28). After inputting the amounts go to the related Worksheet tabs and click on Create Worksheet. After any necessary additional input, click Save and the results will then transfer to Form 941. We recommend your careful review of the results before submitting Form 941.
- This Update also includes Update 17.6 and 17.7: The IRS has updated Form 941, effective for the second quarter 2021. This update includes those changes. In addition, the IRS has added new Worksheets 2 – 5. Worksheet 4 is effective for the 3rd and 4th quarters, as Worksheet 2 is for the 2nd quarter only. Worksheet 2 & 4 is for the updated Retention Credit, Worksheet 3 is for the sick and family leave credits and Worksheet 5 is for the Cobra Premium Assistance Credit. To use the Worksheets click on the Worksheet to use and then click on “Create Worksheet” in bottom left corner of that worksheet. You must then click “Save” when done so that data transfers to Form 941. Printing of the Worksheet can be done on the Worksheet screen itself.
- Our 2021 software now automatically checks for any updates when going into the program and if it finds any it will ask whether or not the update should be loaded. If you allowed for Auto Update you can check to make sure you are now using Version 17.8 by clicking on Help and then About. If you disabled auto update (this feature can be found in Setup/Configuration and then clicking on the General Tab; near the top right of the screen there is a check box: Always check for updates when going into program) then download the update following instructions below.
- This Update includes any prior updates.
To Install Update:
If you are in 2021 941/MI Unemployment Express - Please Exit.
After clicking the below link, a File Download window will open.
Click Open or Run. If a Security Warning message opens, Click Run. *Please Note*: some browsers require you to save the file rather than run it. If your file was saved you will have to run it from wherever your downloads save to.
An Installation Folder window will open.
You will need to accept our License Agreement to continue the download. Click Next after you have done that.
Change installation drive and folder to match where you originally installed the software
The window will then show you were the update is being installed to. Click Next to continue.
A message: Installation Successful will open when update is completed.
Click on Finish.
You may re-enter the software. Click Help from the main menu bar and then in click About. The software should now say Ver. 17.8 for 941/MI Unemployment Express
Click here to download & update UE21UPD_17_8.EXE