Date: January 25, 2023
Program: PPT Express
Subject: PPT Express ESA Update Version 25.2
Dear TaxTime USA, Inc. Customer,
- This update now allows for Mailing Labels to be sorted/printed by file name.
- This update also makes a change to Instruction Letter printing for Form 5076 when True Cash Value (TCV) groups in total are greater than $80,000 and less than $180,000. Previously the 5076 Instruction Letter for each group member indicated that they were under $80,000 and therefore no Personal Property Tax Return was needed. This update now correctly prints the 5076 Instruction Letter that indicates they qualify for the Exemption as they are less than $180,000 and to file the Form 5076 along with a Personal Property Return.
- For the 2023 filing year the State has increased the TCV filing threshold to $180,000. Therefore, if the TCV is greater than $80,000 and less than $180,000 then you can file Form 5076 to claim exemption but must also attach a completed Personal Property Return. A new Form 5076 and PPT return will need to filed each year to claim exemption.
- This update now will always ask if return is done when exiting a return if you have the “Ask: is return done” option checked in the Configuration/General screen.
- Our 2023 software now automatically checks for any updates when going into the program and if it finds any it will ask whether or not the update should be loaded. If you allowed for Auto Update you can check to make sure you are now using Version 25.2 by clicking on Help and then About.
If you disabled auto update (this feature can be found in Setup/Configuration and then clicking on the General Tab; near the top right of the screen there is a check box: Always check for updates when going into program) then download the update following instructions below.
To install update:
After clicking the below link, a File Download window will open.
Click Open or Run. If a Security Warning message opens, Click Run. *Please Note*: some browsers require you to save the file rather than run it. If your file was saved you will have to run it from wherever your downloads save to.
An Installation Folder window will open.
You will need to accept our License Agreement to continue the download. Click Next after you have done that.
Change installation drive and folder to match where you originally installed the software
The window will then show you where the update is being installed to. Click Next to continue.
A message: Installation Successful will open when update is completed.
Click on Finish.
You may re-enter the software. Click Help from the main menu bar and then click: About. The software should now say Ver 25.2
Click here to download & update PPT23_UPD_25_2.EXE