Date: May 24, 2023
Program: PPT Express
Subject: PPT Express ESA Update Version 25.5
Dear TaxTime USA, Inc. Customer,
- This is TaxTime USA, Inc.’s Personal Property Tax (PPT) Essential Services Assessment (ESA) update that will allow users to prepare, e-file and e-pay 2023 ESA returns.
- Due to new IRS security rules PPT has incorporated Multi Factor Authentication (MFA). Please download the ESA Quick Start for more information on setting this up.
- If you will be e-paying for your clients - Bank account and routing numbers will need to be entered from the main General Information screen. Click the E-Pay Banking Information button to enter this information.
- NOTE – All PPT Express customers should download and install this update even if they will not be filing any ESA returns. This update version 25.5 (and possibly any further 2023 updates) will be required to be installed in order to proforma when next year’s PPT Express 2024 is released.
- Our 2023 software now automatically checks for any updates when going into the program and if it finds any it will ask whether or not the update should be loaded. If you allowed for Auto Update you can check to make sure you are now using Version 25.5 by clicking on Help and then About.
If you disabled auto update (this feature can be found in Setup/Configuration and then clicking on the General Tab; near the top right of the screen there is a check box: Always check for updates when going into program) then download the update following instructions below.
- This update includes all prior updates
To install update:
After clicking the below link, a File Download window will open.
Click Open or Run. If a Security Warning message opens, Click Run. *Please Note*: some browsers require you to save the file rather than run it. If your file was saved you will have to run it from wherever your downloads save to.
An Installation Folder window will open.
You will need to accept our License Agreement to continue the download. Click Next after you have done that.
Change installation drive and folder to match where you originally installed the software
The window will then show you where the update is being installed to. Click Next to continue.
A message: Installation Successful will open when update is completed.
Click on Finish.
You may re-enter the software. Click Help from the main menu bar and then click: About. The software should now say Ver 25.5
Click here to download & update PPT23_UPD_25_5.EXE