Date: July 30, 2020
Program: PPT Express
Subject: PPT Express Update Version 22.5
Dear TaxTime USA, Inc. Customer,
- This update allows users to access the ESA preparer entry screen without having to re-register the software.
- This update also corrects a routing number validation issue.
- Due to new IRS security rules PPT has incorporated Multi Factor Authentication (MFA). Please download the ESA Quick Start for more information on setting this up.
- To update PPT using our Auto Update feature open the PPT Express Program and click “Yes” when asked to download and install the update. If you have successfully downloaded and installed the update version 22.5 through PPT Express’ auto update feature you do not need to run the update again. If the update did not complete successfully using the auto update feature click on the link below to manually update PPT Express.
- NOTE – All PPT Express customers should download and install this update even if they will not be filing any ESA returns. This update version 22.5 (and possibly any further 2020 updates) will be required to be installed in order to proforma when next year’s PPT Express 2021 is released.
To install update:
After clicking the below link, a File Download window will open.
Click Open or Run. If a Security Warning message opens, Click Run. *Please Note*: some browsers require you to save the file rather than run it. If your file was saved you will have to run it from wherever your downloads save to.
An Installation Folder window will open.
You will need to accept our License Agreement to continue the download. Click Next after you have done that.
Change installation drive and folder to match where you originally installed the software
The window will then show you where the update is being installed to. Click Next to continue.
A message: Installation Successful will open when update is completed.
Click on Finish.
You may re-enter the software. Click Help from the main menu bar and then click: About. The software should now say Ver 22.5
Click here to download & update PPT20_UPD_22_5.EXE