Date: August 29, 2016
Program: PPT Express
Subject: PPT Express ESA E-File Update Version 18.11
Dear TaxTime USA, Inc. Customer,
NOTE – All PPT Express customers must download and install this update even if they will not be filing any ESA returns. This update version 18.11 (and possibly any further 2016 updates) will be required to be installed in order to proforma when next year’s PPT Express 2017 is released.
- This update includes a requested E-file program change from the State to help them match up third party E-filed ESA Returns (Form 5328) with prior filed Form 5278 (filed in February) and the MTO System. Prior ESA returns that have been e-filed and accepted by the State do not have to be refiled.
- NOTE: As a reminder, per the State: an eligible claimant who fails to submit a certified Statement and pay the ESA tax in full via MTO or e-File by August 15 shall be subject to late penalty at a rate of 1% per week, up to a maximum of 5%, of the total amount due and unpaid. For an eligible claimant’s first assessment year, the penalty shall be waived if the Statement and full payment are submitted by September 15. As this is every claimant’s first assessment year, that applies to all 2016 filers.
- NOTE: If your client goes up to the MTO System to pay their return and they do not see a current return on file they can still make a payment. They would need to click on ESA Actions and then under that click on Make a Payment.
- NOTE: Please check your E-file Status Report to see if any of your ESA returns have been rejected. To review the status of your ESA returns go to Reports in the toolbar and then select E-file Status. Any rejected returns must be e-filed again by first going back into those files and correcting the problem before clicking on the E-file button.
- If you did not install Update 18.8 you WILL have to re-register after installing Update 18.11 (Update 18.8 is included in the 18.10 Update) - to re-register:
• Go into PPT Express
• Click on Setup
• Click on Register PPT Express
• Use Web Registration
• Use the Customer # and Password that was included in your e-mail
Please click the following link to download our ESA Quickstart which provides ESA filing, payment and important software usage information: PPT ESA Quickstart
To install update:
If you are in PPT Express 2016 Please Exit
After clicking the below link, a File Download window will open.
Click Open or Run. If a Security Warning message opens, Click Run. *Please Note*: some browsers require you to save the file rather than run it. If your file was saved you will have to run it from wherever your downloads save to.
An Installation Folder window will open.
Change installation drive and folder to match where you originally installed the software
The system will then ask to overwrite some files - click Yes to All. This update does not alter any client files; it only updates program files.
A message: Package Delivered Successfully will open when update is completed.
This will complete the update.
You may re-enter the software. Click Help from the main menu bar and then click: About. The software should now say Ver 18.11
Click here to download & update PPT16_UPD_1811.EXE